Translate

Tuesday 23 October 2012

WHAT IS THE LORD TO YOU?

We are shortly studying something about how the Psalmist saw God and how his confidence was boosted after his discovery.
Psalm 27:1 "The LORD IS: MY LIGHT and MY SALVATION; whom shall I fear? The LORD IS: THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE; of whom shall I be afraid?" Fear can be induced by darkness, death and doubt! We can become so afraid of the unknown that it paralyses us and this attacks our faith in who THE LORD IS to us.
When we are surrounded by so much darkness in our life, we can be frightened to death because we doubt the presence of THE LORD. David knew better so he said "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Ps. 23:4).
Your acknowledgment of the fact that you have God, and your consciousness of who THE LORD IS can drive away every fear of darkness, death and doubt. Note that in our text for today, THE LORD IS three things to David: (1) MY LIGHT (2) MY SALVATION (3) THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE. All these boosted his confidence to ask questions "who shall I fear?" and "of whom shall I be afraid?"
What the LORD IS to you will also determine what or who you would be afraid of. Thus, because the Lord is a light to David, he didn’t fear darkness. Because he was his salvation he didn’t fear death. And because he was the strength of his life, he didn’t doubt the joy of the Lord which was his strength, and nothing could make him weak in faith. What and who is the LORD to you today? #ABTru-worshipa#

No comments: