Translate

Monday 3 June 2013

I DON'T LIKE MY NAME


Title: I don't like my name
Scripture: Ruth 1:20-21, NLT

 "Don't call me Naomi, she responded. Instead, call me Mara, for the Almighty has made life very bitter for me. I went away full, but the Lord has brought me home empty. Why call me Naomi when the Lord has caused me to suffer and the Almighty has sent such tragedy upon me?"(Ruth 1:20-21,NLT).

 I find this scripture very interesting. When Naomi returned to her homeland, the people called her name, but she told them not to call her by that. And she started accusing God for causing her life to be bitter. She even said she went full, but the Lord brought her back empty. But I don't recall where God sent her on that journey.

She went on that trip with her family, because they sought for survival in Moab and never thought of a revival in Bethlehem. But even though that was a wrong choice, she still blamed God for it. She wanted her name changed from Naomi (beautiful/pleasant) to Mara (Sorrow). Unbelievable! Never allow the difficulties of life to cause you to change your name. @ABTruworshipa

For more of such messages kindly visit http://abtru-worshipa.blogspot.com; http://www.thetestamentplace.com/abtruworshipa.html; www.africaworships.com; www.facebook.com/TrueWorshipersDevotional

No comments: