Translate

Tuesday 10 December 2013

BIBLICAL SPORTS(1)

BIBLICAL SPORTS(1) 

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection...No,...I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God through Christ Jesus is calling us."(Phil. 3:12,NLT) Some of Paul's letters he wrote showed that he loved sports or was a sportsman. He used a lot of sporting illustrations to teach us some great lessons. In the various sporting disciplines no one wins a medal by mere participation. One must reach a certain level of excellence to have it. "Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training...So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing."(1 Cor. 9:24-26). Christianity is like sports, that is why it is mostly called the Christian race. Aim for the medal. Press on! AB@TWD

No comments: