Translate

Friday 22 February 2013

CAN YOU STILL WAIT?

1 Samuel 13:10-12"And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; ...And Samuel said, what hast thou done? And Saul said, Because the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash; Therefore I said, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering." Waiting is one of the tests of obedience. Some hinderances to waiting: (1)The feeling of being rejected. He thought all his men had scattered, so he had to do something at all cost. Don't be pressured out of your waiting mode. (2) The feeling that time is far spent. He thought Samuel had delayed in coming as he mentioned, so he had to go on with proceedings. (3)Fear of a possible attack from the enemy. It might force you to act foolishly. But still it pays to wait!@ABTruworshipa

No comments: