Translate

Monday 10 February 2014

WORSHIP IN VIEW OF GOD'S MERCY!

WORSHIP IN VIEW OF GOD'S MERCY! 

"Therefore, I urge you, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices,... this is your spiritual act of worship" (Rom. 12:1, NIV) Why does Paul urge us, Christians, in view of God's mercy? Paul knew where we were rescued from and the fact that neither our works nor our good deeds bought us the salvation we have. In this same vein, God showed mercy to Moses. "And the Lord said, I will cause all MY goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim MY name, the Lord, in your presence, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy..." (Exodus 33:19, NIV) The most important lesson for living a life of worship is to understand this - that God is sovereign. Elijah thought he knew better and began to show God how zealous he was. That in all Israel he was the only one who had kept God's convenant. "And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for MYSELF seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal" (Rom. 11:4, NIV) Are you one of such people? EN@TWD

No comments: